Monday, April 8, 2013

TapouT XT Day 8 of 90


Day 8 = Competition Core

This workout is 48 minutes in length from start to finish, with a great calorie burn to boot…473 calories burned.

I did not get this workout done at 5:30am though.  After yesterday’s wonderful spa treatment and going to bed late, I needed that extra time in bed this morning.  I knew that I would be able to get it done later in the day, so I rolled over and went back to sleep for another 90 minutes.

I set up, and did the TapouT XT Competition Core workout after lunch, which I know now that it is NOT the best time to do this one.  Because this workout is all about the core, I felt like throwing up during some of the moves. 



After the 2:55 minute Warm Up, you make your way through 32 moves, plus the KILLER MOVE for a fantastic fat burning, muscle building core workout.  There are lots of great moves that you would never think to do, to work your abs.  Yes, there are some crunches in this TapouT XT workout, but many of them are performed on your feet with lunges and squats mixed into the moves.  Of course there are Planks and with those planks, come Knee Strikes, Side Planks with Power Jacks and Punches.  It’s so nice to learn different moves to work the core to help reduced the waistline and build the Abs muscles. 

There is some balance work that comes in on a few moves.  The Balance Knee Strikes is a really challenging move.  I found I was better on one side than the other, plus it takes a few reps to get to know the move.  The Reach and Pop move also requires some balance too.  With both of these moves, you work one side and than the other.  The moves are approximately 30 seconds in length before switching sides.  Some may be longer or shorter.  Some…you WANT them to be shortened.  Like the Mountain Climbers with Abduct…Ooooh that one is KILLER, no it’s not the KILLER move but it is tough.  It’s a good one.  I will master it.  The Orlie Hop is another tough one.  If you are wondering “what the hell is the Orlie Hop?”…it’s a one legged burpee…oh yeah.  You can do it!  In addition to this one legged burpee, you also get to do a Side Burpee Punch…these I like!  At first I had to get the hang of them, but once I knew what I was doing, I was ROCKIN’ them.

Throughout the workout, Mike gets your heart rate going by throwing in some High Knee Sprints.  They are in the Warm up, but you also see them again 2 or 3 more times in the workout.  The last set you will do is right before the KILLER MOVE.

Speaking of the KILLER MOVE = Queen Bee. This move is performed for 1 minute.  It’s hard to explain what this moves is, but I will try.  You will just have to get your own TapouT XT program to see the real thing.  Place your hands behind your head, elbows out to the sides, turn to the side and lunge while crunching forward and squeezing the abs…that’s not all…then you jump to the other side down into the lunge, crunch and squeeze…and keep going until the minute is over.  Good Luck!  It is a KILLER Queen Bee MOVE.  Then it’s time to cool down.

Again in this workout, there are plenty of water breaks, but you have to earn them.  And you will because I know that you are a fighter like ME.  Together we WILL get TapouT XT abs and body.

Here is a list of just some of the moves that will get you sweating and maybe swearing at your T.V.   

Lumber jack
Power knee strikes-helps to rid of the love handles
Side knee love handle blast
Low level lunge-driving the knee forward
Sledgehammer
Prison squat
Marching soldier/knee strikes
Snow angels
Knee strike/push up/ power jacks
Side plank knee crunch
Warrior push up
Power jacks/knee strikes 
Reverse lunge with pull
Lunge bounce
Bader roll
Plank Reach Thru

This is only about half of the workout.  Like I said earlier, you will just have to experience the TapouT XT program for yourself.  You will thank me later.  Yes after cursing my name as you do the workout itself, but when you see results, don't thank me, thank yourself.  YOU are the one that "Earned it with Sweat".

Here was my fuel for today…

Today’s food… 
Breakfast: Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread Toasted/Banana/Pear
This was kind of a rush breakfast and I didn’t feel that hungry.  My son was having some of the toast and I made one too many pieces so I decided to eat it along with some fruit as I was making the school lunches.

Snack: Strawberries and Pineapple/Pistachios
More fruit for me…



Lunch: Salmon Oat Cakes


I had made these about a month ago and threw them in the freezer.  I pulled them out and they were perfect for today’s lunch.  BUT…they didn’t go over so well once I was doing the workout about an hour later.

Snack: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake/Red Bell Pepper


I had the protein shake shortly after I completed the Competition Core XT workout.  It tasted great!  The red pepper was a nice refreshing snack later in the afternoon to get through to dinner time.

Dinner: Homemade Honey Garlic Ribs
I bought a rack of ribs on the weekend and thought, “this will be my first time ever making ribs”.  I looked up a recipe for a sauce, a cleaner sauce to coat the ribs in.  

They turned out not too bad.  A little on the dry side but the taste was nice. 

Snack: Jazz Apple
This was not a planned snack, but my daughter has a habit of taking an apple taking a few bites out of it and then leaving it on the counter.  I hate to see those tasty Jazz Apples go to waste, so I finished it off.  It’s not like it was a chocolate cupcake!  The apple will keep the doctor away…Right?!?!?!

This afternoon, in addition to my workout, I also got a workout in my backyard.  I put on my silly rubber boots, grabbed the rake and raked the grass in the backyard.  I’m glad I got out there because it rained later in the afternoon and while I have been writing this post tonight, we had a wicked thunder and lightening storm.  Hopefully the rain will bring the grass in nicely this spring.  I also checked out what was coming up in the garden.  Some of the spring flowers were popping up out of the ground.  

Yay!!! Spring has finally sprung!  I hope!  There is still a little bit of snow and ice in a few parts of the garden but it should be gone with all this rain.

Tomorrow’s workout, it’s back to Strength and Force Upper + Ultimate Abs XT.  So you know what that means…I’ve got to get my A$$ in bed and make sure I am up to have enough time to get both workouts done in the morning.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

Squat Challenge update 170 squats completed for today.  I hope you got yours done too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment